Thursday, October 7, 2010

I'm a Finalist!


The very first contest I entered at Romance in The Backseat has been progressing over the last month, and it's down to the final two - of which I am one! I'm so excited and can hardly believe it since the drafts I turned in always felt like I was rushed.

This isn't my WIP, but original writing that started from a writing prompt on the website. It's been a nice creative break from the WIP, but the other part of me wishes those 3,000 words had been added to A Passion to Protect!

The contest has been helpful to me in that it got me used to people reading my work, and with working on a deadline each round. Now I just need to set deadlines for my WIP and work to meet those just as stringently.

If you want to check out the final two entries, go here.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! How exciting. :) I hope you win. And it sounds like you've already learned some great things, about deadlines, and getting accustomed to people reading your work. Definitely sounds like a win-win. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, congratulations Sabrina, that's fab news! Well done, and it was a first contest to boot. It's an encouraging post to read at the moment, reminding me that there is indeed life and hope outside of New Voices!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!

    And re: deadlines, ditto!

    ReplyDelete

What did you decide today?